Our care delievery goal is to help patients achieve and maintain their maximum level of independence and wellbeing.
Patient education coupled with skilled services, enable patients to be safe in their homes when no home care is required.
Which Patients Benefit?
- Recurrent faecal impactions
- Peptic ulcer (recent onset or recent exacerbation)
- Patients receiving TPN
- Recent hospitalization
- Past history of or suspicion of melena and/or hematemesis
- Patients with gastrostomy
- Gastric surgery within the past 30 days or complications of gastric surgery
- Patients receiving nasogastric feedings
- Diverticular disease (recent onset or recent exacerbation)
Report And Escalate To Care teams
- Report a variation on the biometrics and general condition of the patient to care teams
- Escalate any new symptoms or concerns of the patients to care team for Care Plan Modification
- Educate the patient on the disease and how to cope with health events associated with the condition
- How to remain event free and ward of hospitalization events
How Home Care Assists Patients With Digestive System Disorders?
- Evaluation and management
- Disease process education
- Medication education / monitoring
- Post-op teaching
- Wound care
- Draw lab work / monitor blood levels
- Diet teaching
- Assistance with ADLs
- PT for an exercise program
- Observation and assessment
- Safety evaluation/ education
- Assess for home medical equipment