Our goal is to help orthopaedic surgery patients achieve and maintain their maximum level of independence and wellbeing.
Patient education coupled with skilled services, enable patients to be safe in their homes when no home care is required.
Which Patients Benefit?
- Any orthopaedic surgery that requires skilled services
- Recent hospitalization
- Conditions that require the aid of another person and/or assistive device
- Exacerbation of an existing orthopaedic condition or onset of a new issue
Report And Escalate To Care Teams
- Report a variation on the biometrics and general condition of the patient to care teams
- Escalate any new symptoms or concerns of the patients to care team for Care Plan Modification
- Educate the patients and attendants to manage the condition
- Educate the patient on the disease and how to cope with disability and manage the rehabilitation
- How to remain event free and ward of hospitalization events
What Can Home Health Care Do To Aide The Patient With Orthopaedic Issue?
- Observation and assessment
- Rehabilitative nursing
- Pain Management
- Instruction in medication regimen
- Dressing changes / wound care
- Staple / suture removal
- Drainage diversion and care
- IV fluids for hydration or antibiotics
- Lab work
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Assistance with ADLs